How to Help

Abuse of animals is a serious crime, and ignoring it may allow the abuser's actions to escalate.

If you have witnessed an abusive act, call your area animal control agency and report the situation.

Also, if you know of an animal that is being neglected and does not have the essentials of food, water and shelter from extreme weather, contact the animal control agency in your area.

Note: The Ellis County SPCA does not have animal control officers on staff and therefore is unable to enforce state and local animal cruelty laws.

Whom to Contact

In Ellis County outside the city limits,
Main Number: 972-937-6060

In Waxahachie,
Main Number: 469-309-4150
After Hours: 469-309-4400

In Midlothian,
Emergency: 911
Strays and neglect: 972-775-3333

In Ennis,
Emergency: 972-875-1234

In other cities, consult the phone directory for the police department or call the ECSPCA for assistance.

We Can Help

If you have questions about what constitutes abuse or neglect of an animal, we welcome your questions and can help you to contact the right law enforcement agency for your area. Contact us.